Favorite Songs of 2013 so far (tracks 26-50)




These are favorites, and just what I think is the best music this year so far. For the sake of diversity, I've tried to include as many different artists as I can.


Honorable mention: Shut Up - Savages
(Love the intro in the short film version, an important message to our generation.)


50.)
Dream Machine - Tesla Boy

49.)
Roadgame – Kavinsky

48.)
Together - The xx (From The Great Gatsby soundtrack)

47.)
Rose Quartz – Toro Y Moi

46.)
Mantra - Trent Reznor, Dave Grohl, and Joshua Homme

45.)
Dumb Disco Ideas - Holy Ghost!

44.)
No Freedom - Dido

43.)
Just To Make Me Feel Good – Adam Green and Binki Shapiro

42.)
These Paths - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

41.)
Love Bends – Wire

40.)
Suit & Tie - Justin Timberlake Feat. JAY-Z

39.)
Take Me - Stereophonics

38.)
Palace Posy - Boards of Canada

37.)
Beautiful – Mariah Carey & Miguel

36.)
The Raven That Refused To Sing - Steven Wilson

35.)
Chances – The Strokes

34.)
The Redeemer – Dean Blunt & Inga Copeland

33.)
Love is Lost - David Bowie

32.)
Saint of Impossible Causes - Joseph Arthur

31.)
The Lemon Trees #3 – Bill Ryder-Jones

30.)
Trouble - Hands

29.)
I'll Stay With You - New Order

28.)
Trying To Be Cool – Phoenix

27.)
Jubilee Street – Nick Cave

26.)
Where Can I Go? - Laura Marling


Which are your best music discoveries of 2013? Do we share any favorites? Next time I'll post tracks 1-25

8 comments:

  1. Love the variety here, Chris! Liking Kavinsky a lot right now.

    Loving...

    The Three of US by Streetlight Manifesto
    Can't Hold Us by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Hey-ho by The Lumineers

    Loads more too, just can't think of them. Been giving Kveikur by Sigur Ros a listen, liking it a lot, but for some reason I still prefer Jonsi's solo stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jaina: Thanks! Kavinsky album has been steadily growing on me. For some reason, it didn't impress me on first listen.

    Sigur Ros is a unique artist. 1-2 of his uplifting tracks I go back to, but I can't say I listen to his albums very often, though.

    A couple of those you mention I need to check out, appreciate the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list. I love the Bowie, Phoenix, Kavinsky, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dido, and Marling tracks, but I still need to check out some of these.

    I'll second the "Can't Hold Us" recommendation, which is on my #2 album of 2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Josh: Glad we agree on a few of these, and I hope you like some of the other selections too

      Delete
  4. Awesome Chris! Thanks for including the links to Soundcloud too, a lot of these I haven't heard of yet. I quite like that Mantra one, and The Great Gatsby soundtrack is great, love that Together by The xx but my fave is still the one by Lana Del Rey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ruth: No problem! Glad you liked Mantra and Together.
      I too prefer Young ans Beautiful by Lana Del Rey, her track will feature in upcoming 1-25 :)

      Delete
  5. Very cool! I have been trying to catch up with this year's releases, so I will be following along with you. Nice to see a Boards of Canada track in here since I know you were lukewarm on the album. "Palace Posy" is a great pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric @ The Warning Sign: A strong start to the year in terms of music!
      Part 2 with tracks 1-25 will be posted at weekend.
      So far, I like Palace Posey the most, might give the album a second chance one of these days.

      Delete

What do you think about the post? I look forward to hearing from you. Rest assured I will reply soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails